Somehow my twins turned 12 today. It sneaks up on me every time they get a year older. I feel like the fast forward button is stuck on!
Last night as I worked in the kitchen baking 60 brownies to send to school today (with a few leftover for big brother and dad because they claimed it was ‘torture’ to have to smell them baking without eating any) I was thinking back to the old days when having twins was still fun, but much more difficult. I’m glad to be in the stage where it’s pretty much just fun (except when it comes to school projects or paying for shoes). While I sometimes miss the moments spent in the glow of the nightlight staring at my sweet babies while they slept in my arms – I am so thankful for full nights of sleep and no diaper changing. And, it got me to thinking about the many things I’m thankful for with my twins…
- Cheerful loud voices on every car ride.
- Singing all the time for no reason other than they love music
- Healthy and active
- They are good friends to the people around them
- They make wise choices in choosing friends
- Hard working
- Thoughtful and caring of each other (most of the time)
- Sharing their dreams – even when they are a bit over the moon
- Intelligent AND have common sense (most of the time)
- Good at sharing
Our lives have been so blessed by these two people. They are worlds apart in so many ways, but when it comes to important things they are both quite similar. While I hate to watch them growing and getting ready to live their own lives at the same time I can’t wait to see what wonderful things they do with their lives. Being a mom is really amazing…even when I have to bake brownies for two classes.